Monday, September 13, 2010

Wisconsin and My Job!

So it's been a while, partially because it's been SOOOO busy. I got a job at a preschool in Salt Lake City, called Child Time, Inc.! It's very similar to Bud to Blossom in Salem, Oregon, which I worked at the past two summers, and is a discovery-based preschool. At Child Time, I'm a floater (professional name, huh?), which means I basically cover for other teachers' breaks and send one particular teacher home at the end of the day (so I get to be in the same classroom every afternoon). It's only part-time, which means I still have a little bit of time in the mornings to clean/do laundry/read, etc. Which is nice. :) The kids are super super cute!! And they seem to love me at least as much as I love them... the other day there were like 4 clamoring for my lap at circle time. :) Anyway, it's a good job and though I only make half as much as Michael does, it's way worth it. (He teases me about that and I fake being mad at him, but it's all playful banter and we both know it!)

So, it was awesome because we got to go to Wisconsin for a week a couple weeks ago! We went to stay at a house on the lake that Michael grew up going to every summer, near Amery, Wisconsin, called Lake Wapogasset. It was gorgeous!! And of course I forgot our camera.... Well, at least Michael's Grandpa Anderson is big on the photos and video clips :) Anyway, it was a wonderful time to just relax and hang with family. I got to meet some of Michael's aunts, uncles and cousins too, which was good. It was also awesome to get to meet my sister-in-law Kirsten's husband-to-be! Adam seems like a really great guy and we both wish we had the money to make it out East again for the wedding. We can tell they're going to be happy together though :) Also while we were in Wisconsin, Mom and Dad Hale put on a wedding open house for us! I enjoyed meeting some of the family friends and appreciate the preparation they put into the event. :)

Well, I'd better go and clean up the kitchen before I head off for work! Look out world, here comes Sarah Hale! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment